Update 4.4.1 is live - New Economy, Gifting & more !

Lady DagaLady Daga Posts: 558REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 1
edited August 2013 in Announcements

Cmune proudly presents...

From 'Pay to win' to 'Play to win'

UberStrike has a huge collection of weapons & gear. Previously, paying players had instant access to the high end of the spectrum while non paying players were left out in the cold. Now, all players have access to everything!

The changes can be briefly summarized with:

Before
- Rewarded only for skill
- Only some items were available for points
- Paying players bypassed level locks

Now
- Rewarded for participating & skill
- EVERYTHING is available for points
- Both paying and non paying players need to unlock items

Features

- New XP & Points attribution formula: you’re now rewarded for playing, with bonuses for kills, your team winning, headshots, nutshots & smackdowns!
- Send mystery gifts to your friends connected via Facebook
- One button screenshots to Facebook using comma
- Performance improvements for low end PC’s: Added option to disable post processing effects
- New Home Screen UI

Changes

- Huge economy changes - EVERYTHING available for points & credit purchases are now level locked!
- New item level locks
- Credit & Point price changes across the board
- Item deprecations: Handguns, Tec9, UMG & M4A1 Silenced. If you own one of these we've already refunded you and you'll have a message in your inbox pronto.
- Matches times are set to max 10 minutes (5 minutes by default)
- Removed weapon drops & test area in Shop
- Holo AP removed, Gear now standardized into 3 tiers: Light (20AP/10AR), Medium (40AP/15AR) & Heavy (60AP/20AR)
- Various UI tweaks to Shop
- Ammo stat changes across most weapons & SPAS-12 ROF decreased
- Removed Team Elimination
- Removed Daily Lucky Draw, changed Mystery Boxes & Lucky Draws in The Shop
- Default round time changed to 5 mins, 10 maximum
- AquaLab Research Hub has been removed

Fixes

- Updated about page
- Fixed logout bugs on iPad
- Loading indicators more accurate when loading holos & masks
- Login via cookie now works again on browser restart
- You can no longer equip a ranged weapon in the melee slot
- Items not available in the shop now removed from Level Up dialog
- Fixed spelling mistakes in about page
- Several bug fixes & performance improvements related to item asset loading

Read the post in which our Game Designer reveals details on the new Points and XP System @ http://forum.uberstrike.com/discussion/55127/points-and-xp-system-explained

Thank you! -Team Cmune
Post edited by Lady Daga on

Comments

• -This Is Destiny--This Is Destiny- Posts: 662REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 1
    Woow!!
    I think that I will love it
    Thanks CMUNE
    I created my own sig :p
  • TbonediamondTbonediamond Posts: 266REGISTERED Forum Veteran Lvl 1
    edited August 2013
    I like this update!! I got refunded 16k creds and 200k coins haha! I just dont think anyone has seen it yet because it was posted at 4 am for me. And something to add - I think you should put some of the level locks at level 60 or even 70 for the really nice masks or extremely powerful guns because I am level 60 now and everything is so easy to buy haha
    Post edited by Tbonediamond on

• FinalizationFinalization Posts: 2,660REGISTERED Gideons Minion
    edited August 2013
    There were some things I like and some things I don't like but anyway, thanks for you work ;)

-Turby
    Post edited by Finalization on
    photo finalization_Snapseed_zps87e1e3d4jpg
    Prev names:~LiGHTNiNG--MoDe~  --> -Reciever --> -Receiver-   -->  -Turbo|Noob- --> -Turbo- --> -LiGHTNiNG--MoDe- --> Lightning Dracyan --> Finalization

• Delta 38 Da GreatDelta 38 Da Great Posts: 1,051REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
    I Love the new update but there's still things to be fixed :)
    I'll Miss Those Handguns
    :(
    Anyway,
    Thanks a lot CMUNE !
    \m/
    httpiimgurcomhXVQ1Xzjpg
    Signature Made By Islaw
    Facebook | Youtube | Twitter | Steam | Skype Delta38Muaz |
    #FreePalestine #SaveGaza #EndTheOccupation

• Flandre Scarlet.Flandre Scarlet. Posts: 573REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 1
    I bought a m4a1 do I get my creds back?

• -TastyTreat--TastyTreat- Posts: 117REGISTERED Active Poster Lvl 1
    Nice work :p

“I am Ubik. Before the universe was, I am. I made the suns. I made the worlds. I created the lives and the places they inhabit; I move them here, I put them there. They go as I say, then do as I tell them. I am the word and my name is never spoken, the name which no one knows. I am called Ubik, but that is not my name. I am. I shall always be.” 

Philip K. ****, Ubik.

YouTube Channel: Edrei Ritz  | My Clan's YouTube Channel: Ubik Clan  
    FaceBook: Edrei Ritz sipalay  | My Clan's Facebook Page: Ubik Warriors
                                                 |   My Clan's Clan Thread: The Ubiquitous Warriors
  • Veni Vidi Vici.Veni Vidi Vici. Posts: 379REGISTERED Forum Veteran Lvl 2
    I think this update is great, though I will be still buying credits as it's easier :D

Also some of my friends have told me they got like 1 million points, how is that? 

The XP system is like the old days which is pretty good. 

Karl
  • This-is-ChickenThis-is-Chicken Posts: 1,443REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 3
    SICK!!!!!!!! Now I can finallly get so much stuff i'm overreacting. 
  • So|idaristSo|idarist Posts: 2,141REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
    edited August 2013
    Awesome! This will motivate me to getting into moar games. :D

But why... why remove the AquaLab Research Hub and TE? :O 

Edit: Where has the Jungle pants of resistance, the other elemental pants and Tito & Sergio outfits gone to?
    Also some of my friends have told me they got like 1 million points, how is that? 

Karl
    I think it might be the lottery that was pushed live when Ubz hit 1mil likes on Facebook. 
    Post edited by So|idarist on

• ZezimaaZezimaa Posts: 810REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
    I liked this update very much, great move Cmune. The game is now even more addictive which will make more peope to stay and play :)
    I would like to give some feedback but some of new features is not working, xp/points etc so I will save that for later. But for now, I really hope that the level lock will be higher on most of the gears that is avaible in the shop.

• Clear.Clear. Posts: 319REGISTERED Forum Veteran Lvl 1
    Team Elimination? GONE? Just like that?
    So what is going to replace it.
    Most credit player will be pissed off.
    From what heard Uberjacket 20AP? Seriously? Its like the only 2 none ap shirt before this update...
    Im okay with the others.Just tell me why?
  • AfterearthAfterearth Posts: 91REGISTERED Regular Poster Lvl 2
    Hello there,

Since i saw this post i start thinking that CMUNE is putting the game dead.

All start with change on shop, will be more dificult get more UB Points then the credits one, my sugestion for that is put mystery box only for UB Points ..... or like kinda of "Points Capsule shop", wich put points on your account for buy capsule on UB Points wich can be 1.000 Points to 1.000.000.000, and of course Low % of win the Jackpot wich is the 1M Points. One of my sugestions. If you don't get it i can explain again but more simple.
    gSB1G.png kalinzange
This discussion has been closed.