Hey guys just thought I would post this guide on how to gain legitimate skill in Uberstrike, without neccessarily having to play for 10 hours a day or sink $500 into credits. Here goes:
1. Before you even begin, make sure you are playing with a real mouse, not one of those mac mouses or god forbid a trackpad.
2. Ditch all of your credit weapons, armor, melee stuff, spring grenades (Pretty much anything that isn't a basic weapon, you won't be needing them anymore.) I strongly recommend the loadout of Sniper-Cannon-Shotgun, but you can vary it up a bit.
3. Go into a few public matches. Familiarize yourself with these guns.
4. Re-learn all the maps, and learn how to control the armors and healths on them (Now that you no longer have your AP bonus, you are going to need to learn how to survive without it.) (I also recommend you learn how to play Cuberstrike especially well, as it is considered the best 1v1 map)
5. Ask other players (I strongly recommend you know them beforehand) to 1v1 you with only basics. You will very likely lose badly in your first dozen or so games. Just remember that this is the most important part. If you give up at this point, you won't have benefitted from this. So stay strong, and just keep playing hard. Try to get in around 3-5 hours of 1v1s a week, and maybe 2-4 hours of public matches, and after a few weeks, you will see your scores go up drastically.
It took me a good one and a half months of 1v1s with Ferret, chris smoove, Bangi, and row to gain enough skill to be good enough to join S~A, and I was so happy. Previously I had been a HUGE credit noob, using high AP and OP weapons, etc. After I had gained all this skill, I was extremely better at using this OP stuff, but I chose not to, because playing with true skill was just so much more rewarding.