The iOS version of UberStrike just went live and is available for iPad 2 & 3 in the App Store.
Before you jump on your shiny touch device, there's a few things you should know BEFORE you play.
1. It costs $4.99. Why, UberStrike has always been free? That's right and the iOS version is no different. However to help us get on our feet while launching and limit the number of players during the Beta period, we've put a small price on the download. Think of it like an early access fee
2. It's NOT perfect. This is our first mobile game, and we know there's quite a bit of optimization required and lots of bugs to fix. If you want to help us improve the mobile experience, be generous with your bug reports.
3. You mostly play with desktop players. Since the game is new to mobile devices we put mobile and desktop players on the same servers right now. Obviously this is not very fair in terms of gameplay but don't worry, we have dedicated mobile-only game servers on the way.
4. The control scheme is weird. We know, and there's an alternative version coming in the next update. We've done quite a bit of testing, and the touchpad movement scheme is more competitive than the joypad style, but does take some getting used to.
5. There are only 3 maps. We've found that some maps don't work so well on mobile and decided to launch without them. All of your favorite UberStrike maps will be heading over to mobile as soon as they are optimized and we're happy with the performance.
If you're OK with the above, search for UberStrike on your iPad 2 or 3 and give it a try. We'd love your feedback.