Aqualab Research Hub . How is it ? :)

SyntixSyntix Posts: 2,303REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
edited October 2012 in Feedback & Comments
How do YOU find the New Map " Aqualab Research Hub " ?
I want your Oppinion ! ;)

Thanks , Simple.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tunechi.Tunechi. Posts: 804REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
    I love the new map that cmune had created Aqua lab Research hut. I love the features of the game and the type of guns that are putten in the map, the guns that are featured in the map or basics weapons and other weapons. I always wanted a new map in uberstrike and now we got one.
  • CoriakinCoriakin Posts: 4,924REGISTERED Level 9000 Warlock
    Overall it's a pretty decent map, here are my pros and cons.

Pros:
    Wonderful Graphics and Idea
    Layout is easy to get the hang of
    Encourages quick-scoping and no-scoping
    Lot's of HP and AP

Cons:
    You can't get on the roof
    Only TEM
    The Middle Tunnel is not usable

I rate it 7/10

Spiegel
    httpiimgurcomlSxKf5bpng
  • Carlos Spicy WeineCarlos Spicy Weine Posts: 6,093REGISTERED, QA Testers UberStrike QA Tester
    The location is cool, gameplay is boring.
    I was drowned out by drums at the hanging;
    They silenced my final address.
    My books were burnt at the wayside;
    They censored my words from the press.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosSpicyWeiner7
  • -B|oodseeker--B|oodseeker- Posts: 3,642REGISTERED Level 9000 Warlock
    Spiegel wrote:

Pros:
    Lot's of HP and AP

Cons:
    Only TEM

I rate it 7/10

Spiegel

The amount of guns is cool too. Good of CMUNE to let newbies try out weapons. The gameplay is far too monotonous. Its like going round and round and round and round and round until you kill your enemy.

--Deathwhisperer--
    Deathwhisperer --> - | Silencer | - --> -B|oodseeker-
  • PheeccPheecc Posts: 19REGISTERED Occasional Poster
    Nice except for the glitch that lets you hide inside the machinery.
  • Oracle Of WisdomOracle Of Wisdom Posts: 376REGISTERED Forum Veteran Lvl 2
    Spiegel wrote:

Pros:
    Lot's of HP and AP

Cons:
    Only TEM

I rate it 7/10

Spiegel

The amount of guns is cool too. Good of CMUNE to let newbies try out weapons. The gameplay is far too monotonous. Its like going round and round and round and round and round until you kill your enemy.

--Deathwhisperer--

LOL! too True..

#2013SPAMMINGWITHCAPSFTW
  • railz0railz0 Posts: 1,000REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
    Noobs found that glitch really fast. I like the idea, but it doesn't do the justice for me.

5/10

ToR beats it, so does CS and everything except for CuberSpace and SG with TGG (why CMUNE??!?), IMO.
    railz0-SIG.jpg

Jo is the best. ^^,
  • Mad Splatter.Mad Splatter. Posts: 818REGISTERED, Junior Moderators UberStrike Assistant Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Eh, it's not my favorite map.
    The only reason I don't really like it is because it's all just one big square.
    But what I like about it is that it can draw a lot of action because it's not to large.
    I like all the aesthetic features, along with where the maps location is.
    When I first saw it I got excited because I thought you could get on the roof, but I guess not.
    Overall it's an ok map, I'd rate a 6/10

~Splatty
    Post edited by Mad Splatter. on

| [RIFT] | #Team Misti | Uberstrike Report Form |

• Arthur-DentArthur-Dent Posts: 5,538REGISTERED Level 9000 Warlock
    Horribly boring, the concept has some potential, but there isn't much gameplay to it.

Am I the only one who recognizes it from the banners in v4.3?
    bXRC8.pngchatchange.png
    nad wrote:
    Neel's currently moonlighting as a lifeguard on beaches in Bali and is keeping the people of Indonesia safe from Sharks!
    UberArena; a HoE Style Map - UberStrike Concepts - Tactics Guide
  • SyntixSyntix Posts: 2,303REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
    As i see there are more negative comments about it . :/
    Well , lets see how it goes .
  • TanevTanev Posts: 521REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 1
    It's actually my fav map currently. :) IMO it's pretty similar to FW but much better.

The graphics look awesome and it's a nice change compared to the bluebox maps.
    I think it's the type of map that fits into the ubz theme - it's definitely original and something Cmune should take pride in.

I'm personally very satisfied. :P

• -B|oodseeker--B|oodseeker- Posts: 3,642REGISTERED Level 9000 Warlock
    Monotonous and boring. By the way, I found a glitch.

--Deathwhisperer--
    Deathwhisperer --> - | Silencer | - --> -B|oodseeker-
  • FunkinatorFunkinator Posts: 2,353REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
    T-Scout wrote:
    It's actually my fav map currently. :) IMO it's pretty similar to FW but much better.

I think it's the type of map that fits into the ubz theme - it's definitely original and something Cmune should take pride in.

I know at least one person who would argue about that "original" statement. Two, if the other guy I know gets more active.

Personally, I sorta like the map. It definitely feels like an upgraded version of FW, with most of the skirmishes I've been in occurring at either team's spawn area. I don't know why though, but I have this strange feeling that the map wasn't especially designed for the style of gameplay Uberstrike has. Particularly, I don't think it was designed to have powerups. As some have noticed, although the map is symmetrical, the powerup placement is not. The UberHealth and the UberArmor are closer to one side's base than the other, and there are different weapons on both spawns (correct me if I'm wrong).

Overall, I bet I would play it more if it was available in TDM. TE simply isn't my style, although I do kinda enjoy it too from time to time. I like to be in the action at all times when I play games.

Plus, I wish the next map that comes up is composed of multiple levels, just like Cuberstrike and Gideon's Towers. If going up to the second level in Aqualab was possible, I would definitely love it more.

• RalphredRalphred Posts: 347REGISTERED Forum Veteran Lvl 1
    The location is cool, gameplay is boring.
    Precisely.
    Am I the only one who recognizes it from the banners in v4.3?
    Nope!
    Funkinator wrote:
    T-Scout wrote:

I know at least one person who would argue about that "original" statement. Two, if the other guy I know gets more active.

Personally, I sorta like the map. It definitely feels like an upgraded version of FW, with most of the skirmishes I've been in occurring at either team's spawn area. I don't know why though, but I have this strange feeling that the map wasn't especially designed for the style of gameplay Uberstrike has. Particularly, I don't think it was designed to have powerups. As some have noticed, although the map is symmetrical, the powerup placement is not. The UberHealth and the UberArmor are closer to one side's base than the other, and there are different weapons on both spawns (correct me if I'm wrong).

Overall, I bet I would play it more if it was available in TDM. TE simply isn't my style, although I do kinda enjoy it too from time to time. I like to be in the action at all times when I play games.

Plus, I wish the next map that comes up is composed of multiple levels, just like Cuberstrike and Gideon's Towers. If going up to the second level in Aqualab was possible, I would definitely love it more.

Ya, I really don't get the TE only. Wouldn't DMs be cool? Also, it would be so much better if they would simply let us climb up on the rest of it... I guess they were having issues with the colliders or something?
    YBrl2.png
    9w0v6.png

Turkey is nice.
  • Braw|festBraw|fest Posts: 4,716REGISTERED Level 9000 Warlock
    Simple. wrote:

Thanks , Simple.

yo simple! i love it, cause its got a myriad of good weapons :P but the design is sorta kinda like fort winter :|
    however, hit has my fav machine gun! THE SHADOW GUN
    also the pain hammer, fusion lance, and force cannon are pretty decent pickups

but..only team elims :cry: nothin else :/

overall 6/10

• SyntixSyntix Posts: 2,303REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
    Brawlfest wrote:
    Simple. wrote:

Thanks , Simple.

yo simple! i love it, cause its got a myriad of good weapons :P but the design is sorta kinda like fort winter :|

overall 6/10

yeah the pickup weps are very cul but already have them all perm . :D
  • Braw|festBraw|fest Posts: 4,716REGISTERED Level 9000 Warlock
    Simple. wrote:
    Brawlfest wrote:
    Simple. wrote:

Thanks , Simple.

overall 6/10

yeah the pickup weps are very cul but already have them all perm . :D

yea i saw the vid of your inv and gave it a like its to insane for me to look at.
    i only have perm basics nef needler snotty deliv and ninja armor :/

• railz0railz0 Posts: 1,000REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
    Funkinator wrote:
    Particularly, I don't think it was designed to have powerups. As some have noticed, although the map is symmetrical, the powerup placement is not. The UberHealth and the UberArmor are closer to one side's base than the other, and there are different weapons on both spawns (correct me if I'm wrong).

It's easier to play if you're red, since Uber Health is close to you and so is one (and only) Big Armor. If you're blue Uber Armor is closer to you and it's worth nothing unless you have something with decent absorption ratio.

It's easier to play on the red team. since the Cannon Ammo is there, too. I don't care about the weapon pick ups since I have that option turned off, but Pain Hammer and FuLa make it unbalanced, too.
    railz0-SIG.jpg

Jo is the best. ^^,
  • ~Night|Stalker~~Night|Stalker~ Posts: 1,446REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 3
    I wish the middle tunnel was accessible. Overall it kinda represents it's self. Its a giant square and squares are plain and borining. Wish there was more to it. Over all 6/10

• Pimp MonkeyPimp Monkey Posts: 2,054REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
    not a bad desing, but very limited as to what you can do. Plus it seems to just be another map that lags and all I see is switch spammers. If it had more game modes on it, it might get a better rating, but I'm giving it a 6/10