Clan Rankings

JeffRozakJeffRozak Posts: 639REGISTERED, Cmunity Cmunity Writer
edited May 2012 in Feedback & Comments
Hey Cmune Uberstrikers. ;) I thought of an idea today that I don't know if you've ever heard.

Not since joining CAFN have I cared about my rankings, but now I find myself almost obsessed with it. I check the rankings a few times a day and my own profile page at least once everyday. As there are a TON of players it can be hard to find clan-mates (or anyone specific for that matter) on the top rankings list, and most times there aren't many I know that crack the top 1000 - only the very best make it that high each day, and only if the have time to PLAY. ;)

So I wondered, would it be possible to have a ranking page dedicated to a clan? I realize that's probably a big thing to ask for, especially with the more social clans coming and going and hoppers all over the place, but for the more dedicated clans with a loyal membership it could be really cool. Maybe each clan would have to apply for the privilege to get their own ranking page or something - maybe have it integrated into their clan threads?

I just thought it would be cool to see my entire clan listed together with their stats, and sorted amongst ourselves, including each player's global ranking.

Just a thought. ;) Thanks for reading.

[CAFN3] JeffRozak
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CoWs_Say_MooOOooxDCoWs_Say_MooOOooxD Posts: 931REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
    Thats a Cool idea. I'm Also a [CAFN] member, Nice to meet you.

Cows
  • JeffRozakJeffRozak Posts: 639REGISTERED, Cmunity Cmunity Writer
    Welcome to the clan, Cows. :-) Be sure to check out the CAFN site (especially the member forums for some secret stuff ;-)) and get to know everyone. 8-)

• CoriakinCoriakin Posts: 4,967REGISTERED Level 9000 Warlock
    This has been already introduced as an Idea.
    I'm not sure where but check back a page or two.
    Anyways yes this is a good Idea but.....
    It would have to be based off things like KDR and tourney wins
    Instead of XP and straight up kills.

Spigi
    httpiimgurcomlSxKf5bpng
  • Johnnie8Johnnie8 Posts: 9,762REGISTERED, Global Moderators Global Moderator
    This idea was indeed stated before, the aspect to face is what shall this rankings be based on? Number of tourney wins? Member's ranks? Member's KDR? Hardly plumbable points like character, attitude...?
    Although I don't care about much about rankings in general anymore it would be interesting to see a logical system behind your idea :)
    I'm the emoticon-0157-sungif Mod, they say. 

• AlexNBAlexNB Posts: 633REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 1
    I believe folks missed his intention here:
    JeffRozak wrote:
    As there are a TON of players it can be hard to find clan-mates (or anyone specific for that matter) on the top rankings list [...] So I wondered, would it be possible to have a ranking page dedicated to a clan? [...] just thought it would be cool to see my entire clan listed together with their stats, and sorted amongst ourselves, including each player's global ranking.
    That is, a ranking of the members in your clan, not of clans, according to the default means for ranking. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That aside, sounds like a nice idea to me -- though I wouldn't really know, can't imagine it would take far too much effort to implement. Note, though, that you can easily access the ranking of a given individual with a quick google query of "<name> Uberstrike."
    Oh, I actually over-read your original idea here! Thanks for reminding us, Axel!
    Still I agree though, there's only 2 or 3 members of my clan not shown in the "top 1000", nonetheless it would make things easier.
    Good point!

EDIT: Didn't we even have this suggestion alive back in the days? We were linked directly to each member's profile when we clicked their names in the roster section, if I remember correctly.

• AntisocialCheezAntisocialCheez Posts: 4,147REGISTERED Level 9000 Warlock
    Bad idea, sorry. It could be easily abused.
    HjtR0.png
    fe8513a4.jpg
    Bad idea, sorry. It could be easily abused.
    How du mean that?
    Translation for you: wakakaka wakaka?

• -Th3 OpT!C AaRON--Th3 OpT!C AaRON- Posts: 697REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 1
  • AntisocialCheezAntisocialCheez Posts: 4,147REGISTERED Level 9000 Warlock
    cool idea ;)
    W3W omg so cool taking my avatar. Pro move.
    HjtR0.png
    fe8513a4.jpg