Tips and Tricks

J-Man17J-Man17 Posts: 1,194REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
edited April 2012 in Tactics & Strategies
Hello fellow Uberstrike Newbies :D I am here to show you some things that will help you excell in Uberstrike Gameplay. You probably dont know me, but i am a good player, but not a pro. So i shall teach you guys some good tips and tricks in Uberstrike.
General:
Make sure you practice basics!
At least have 3 springs to achieve escape or go to high places unreachable by jump or to get armor.
Always strafe jump to avoid being hit
Learn to snipe moving targets
Most of all PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!

Cuberstrike
When you start playing try to get armor as quickly as possible! Don't camp or anything like that.
Most likely go around and gather armor while picking off others
Use the jump pads to run away or to chase people!
Beware of campers or glitchers!
Also look above to see if any campers are on the cubes!
Also, Uber Armor is on one of the top cubes. You cant reach it without springs!
Demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mKC8HpXFfw&feature=related
Map Control: Ok First of all get strafing down! That is what you need to do this! I will walk you guys through this :3
Step 1: Go up to that platform where it holds the Uber health. IF you lost your strafe momentum use one of your springs! After you get that, go down to where that medium or big armor is and collect it.
Step 2: After that go turn to your right and you shall see another armor cube. Either use a spring near it and get it or go onto that near jump pad and hope onto that cube with the armor!
Step 3: Once you collected that, go turn to your left and go to the jump pad. Make sure you don't go up, but you go sideways toward that one armor cube.
Step 4: Then you go to the other side. Go onto the short jump pad and get onto the cube with the armor.
Step 5: Go left after collected, use the jump pad there and collect the armor on the top area.
Step 6: Go back to the platform with the Uber hp, but look left and you shall see the lonely armor. Use springs (Highly Recommended for those who don't strafe!)

Sky Garden
Try to strafe jump and not fall down.
Also try to snipe the heads on the other side or on the middle sides!
Trick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIlZxDMhWYM
Be careful there is no armor or health or AMMO so be wise.
Here is a strategy: Snipe heads on the other side as well as the small circles on the sides in the middle! Then go to other base and kill with close combat. Retreat to your base and repeat!
Cannon jump is highly suggested if you want to surprise the enemy.
Tip:
Go to the middle. When the rotating wall hides you, cannon jump and run around with melee or shotgun.

Lost Paradise 2/Classic
I know many of you have seen campers on top of those mountains, but I highly sugggest you don't! Another important tip, don't hide in the trees! Go around and kill everyone. Springs are very CRUCIAL
There is ammo here. There are cannon, sniper, splatter, grenade,shotgun, pistol, and machine gun ammo. Sadly there is no Uber Hp that I have encountered, and no route to take for map control.
Map Control: Just go around take whatever you can and start killing.
Please use your sniper too see if there are any campers on the Mountains. If there are pick them off, they can't see you. This isn't a map where cannon jumping is not suggested.

Fort Winter
Just like Sky Garden without armor, health or ammo.
It is basically a cubed box.
You might not want a sniper for this, unless you are daring. I suggest close combat like this (Cannon, Shotgun, MG-Grenade Launcher-Pistol) [Don't use splatters]
You can get onto the 4 cube boxes. Go on there and pick the people off. Once you run out of ammo just collect the dead's weapons and restock or if you are feeling excited, use your melee weapon.

Gideon's Tower
This has map control yes , but unlike Cuberstrike, it has no exact route you should take. All you need to do is go around and find some armor and health.
In Cuberstrike there is only one source of health, the Uber HP. In the case of Gideon's Tower, there are miny, medium, big, and uber hp. Same thing goes for armor.
I suggest using this loadout.
Cannon, Shotgun or whatever close combat you use, and a sniper. I do suggest melee. Practice cannon jumping. Do it on the bridge, but not inside.
Hint of advice, do not camp on the top levels of the tower. Don't camp anywhere else too.
There are all types of ammo there so stock up!
What i normally do is go to that bridge and go to the opponents tower. I start clearing them from top to bottom. Also check if there are strayers in your tower as well. Along with the outside area!
Always look behind you just in case there is someone there chasing you down!

The Warehouse
There are armor and health here. This is probably the map with the most pickups available!
I don't suggest having a sniper unless you are very skilled. There is a must have and that is the cannon
Also try to refrain from camping. You may have seen people on the other side of the map crouching with a sniper in a corner.
Make sure you have at least melee. There is a possibility that you may rack kills from the vent but it is slim. Another tip is that once you see that an opponent is guarding the vent entrance, either go the other way and kill them or snipe them from a secluded area!
springs aren't really helpful in this case.

Well thats all for now! I will be writing more on this. Please give me feedback if this has been helpful to you
I would really appreciate it! Happy killing!
Post edited by Unknown User on
nte7L.jpgTRABw0.png4BZ2Ynw.pngjTUEMCkd.pngAKVCNg.pngFBG2cbo9.png

Comments

• Michael WagnerMichael Wagner Posts: 155REGISTERED Active Poster Lvl 1
    jesse 1999 wrote:
    Also look above to see if any campers are on the cubes!

Thats well (admittedly nooby) tactic, i mostly get 20+ kills with one life jumping on the uberarmor cube and use darkvanq when theres no pro ingame (also works with basic weapon - its easy to give out headshots there -> i just love it to one shot-kill full armored with 180 damage :lol:) :twisted:

but this only works once in a game, till somebody see you xD

btw: great tips :P
  • Johnnie8Johnnie8 Posts: 9,761REGISTERED, Global Moderators Global Moderator
    Sorry dude, but seeing you complementing yourself (considering yourself as an EXTREMELY GOOD PLAYER) in the very first bench makes me close this window without having read your "tips". No offence, but self-praise is the worst thing to do.
    I'm the emoticon-0157-sungif Mod, they say. 

• J-Man17J-Man17 Posts: 1,194REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
    Johnnie8 wrote:
    Sorry dude, but seeing you complementing yourself (considering yourself as an EXTREMELY GOOD PLAYER) in the very first bench makes me close this window without having read your "tips". No offence, but self-praise is the worst thing to do.
    Oops heh heh.... :P I'll change it xD
  • Johnnie8Johnnie8 Posts: 9,761REGISTERED, Global Moderators Global Moderator
    jesse 1999 wrote:
    Johnnie8 wrote:
    Alright, so I finally took the time to read it :P
    You described the basics kinda well, when it comes to your strategical tips it all depends on you very own playing style, so it's not up to me to judge them right now.
    I have to disagree with the point of spring grenades. I rarely ever used them since you get used to them relatively fast. Once you implemented them in your playing style you hardly get rid of them again, what's an huge disadvantage since most of the competitive games are played only basics, no springs or armor. Furthermore you're an easy target for any decent sniper, especially on the distance.
    My tip: Try rocket/launcher jumps instead. They're incredibly useful. For those who still have to pay attention not to get out of your strafing/moving rhythm in general, springs are the only alternative, of course.
    Concluding I'd say your tips are helpful (for the newcomers), of course.
    I'm the emoticon-0157-sungif Mod, they say. 

• J-Man17J-Man17 Posts: 1,194REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
    Johnnie8 wrote:
    jesse 1999 wrote:
    Johnnie8 wrote:
    Alright, so I finally took the time to read it :P
    You described the basics kinda well, when it comes to your strategical tips it all depends on you very own playing style, so it's not up to me to judge them right now.
    I have to disagree with the point of spring grenades. I rarely ever used them since you get used to them relatively fast. Once you implemented them in your playing style you hardly get rid of them again, what's an huge disadvantage since most of the competitive games are played only basics, no springs or armor. Furthermore you're an easy target for any decent sniper, especially on the distance.
    My tip: Try rocket/launcher jumps instead. They're incredibly useful. For those who still have to pay attention not to get out of your strafing/moving rhythm in general, springs are the only alternative, of course.
    Concluding I'd say your tips are helpful (for the newcomers), of course.
    Thanks johhnie really preciate it. ;D