The Answer To (Uberstrike) Life

Stalker -_-Stalker -_- Posts: 2,207REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
edited January 2012 in Tactics & Strategies
Volume1: How to Be Pro
2936276538_a398fdd470.jpg
Step1: Like Cats
kk now for the real stuff... because this shouldnt be off topic or anything

Step1: Get a Clan you Enjoy
This does not mean a clan that is *good to me a good clan is one that you have a sense of family, like playing with the members, and theyre just nice overall. Im not saying S~A is neccassarily the best clan in ubz but for sure its my definite favorite due to things like skype talks, Commentaries etc..

Step2: Improve
When i say this i dont mean use credit weapons to your advantage (or armor) to become better at this game you should always stick true to the basic weapons. I know they arent as strong or perty as others but trust me if you get accustomed to them you will soon be pro. Also dont use credits weps (any weapons other than regular ones) for long periods of time. I used to always use delivernator and i was a Boss with it but in 1v1 when sniper basic was only allowed lets just say it wasnt pretty

Step3: Combos
Put your basic weapons into combos Here are some i like to easily kill an opponent

MG and Cannon: A few shots with the machine gun then one well placed cannon shot will finish most pros (people with no ap) off

MG and Sniper: NOT LONG RANGE Sniper should be a noscope followed by 2 easy MG shots will finish most off

MG/Cannon/Sniper: For AP NUBS ONLY few mg hits then cannon sniper cannon sniper noscope etc just string together for lots of damage

Im sure theres more but those are the weapons i use

Step4: Map Control
hahaha this is the step im at so... i may be a bad teacher on it but to get better kdr's in game you will need to learn map control to help fairly buff you up in battle

Some Map Control Tips
1. Use the clock above the score for timing the following
a. Uber Health and Armor respawns 1min after picked up (remember seconds number for easy retrieval before others)
b. Mega Armors respawn 30sc after being picked up (on big maps this doesnt matter (cs) because there are so many armors but on maps like tw and lp2 remember this)

Step5: Strafing Patterns
Learn to navigate the map better this will help you get better looks and kills

That is it
Stalk out

Also Ps. Get good with mg its very handy in close combat situations/combos
Get good with the sniper for overall greatness

LEARN TO NOSCOPE: it adds a whole new threat to you because a quick 80 can usually take a damaged player out

DONT USE CREDS THEY MAKE YOU WORSE
Post edited by Unknown User on
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

STALKER

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Support My Uberstrike Visions

Comments

• CoriakinCoriakin Posts: 4,967REGISTERED Level 9000 Warlock
    Good Points Stalker,

Right now I have been trying to use the Basic Loadout more often. And let me tell from first hand experience.

Credits Deplete Your Skill

I'm sorry but it's true. Take me for example.
    I have the Vanq, UMG, and the Mythic all permanently.
    You use them in game and feel well...powerful. No one can stop you, your a killing machine. Then you meet a pro(the ones who actually use the basic loadout and are actually still powerful) you guys chat he kills you, you kill him. Anyway you set up a 1 on 1. After the first few kills your thinking, "WTH how am I getting owned this bad?" and then you think :idea: "Ohhhh it's because I'm using weapons that I never use unless I have to and he uses them everyday".

Anyway point is, Credits in all honesty are not evil. They are fun to use and they sure buff up your KDR and self esteem. But the fact of the matter is that eventually you will need to set them aside and after you do, your toast. What I try to do is use the Basic Loadout as much as I can and then I will treat myself and play with credits for a day. I can honestly say that the difference before and after is amazing! You really are waaay better after using basic weapons.
    Well, I've been talking too long but just thought I would elaborate on Stalker's point.

Thanks Guys,

Spiegel
    httpiimgurcomlSxKf5bpng
  • DawnGhostDawnGhost Posts: 2,322REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
    to kill armour nub, usse this speical loadout
    Melee: UberHammer
    Primary: Dark Vanquisher
    Secondery: Oblivion Hammer
    Tertiary: Egnima cannon :D
    f3d4b5f16164450ba8df8677a1ce7508.0.gif
    DawnGhost.png
    w3XE4J
  • ProtelixProtelix Posts: 1,886REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
    Spiegel has the second answer to life, listen to him.

Credits have depleted my skill massively. When I first started I got PaLa perm, and used it 24/7.

I knew I had skill, but I didn't know how to use it, I was a credit noob back then, but now!

Now I have a decent amount of skill, and I've moved up in the chain of Uberstrike players. ALL because I stopped using creds and stuck with basic. Trust me, it helps ;)

• Odd Future WolfOdd Future Wolf Posts: 2,782REGISTERED Gideons Minion
    Very Nice Dude! 8-)

@Protelix: Same for me just started to use always Basics ;)

--Blaster
  • GeekygeekGeekygeek Posts: 458REGISTERED Forum Veteran Lvl 2
    About using basic weapons. When you level up in the the 20's, most good weapons will be available for points, such as the vanquisher, arctic/magma rifle, mythic edge, UMG, etc. Would it still deplete your skill when you use those weapons at high levels? I did get some free credits which I used to buy my permanent mythic edge, but thats the only credit weapon I have. I use it to smack people at SG death matches :lol:
    Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
  • Kukuh Trisna FreeKukuh Trisna Free Posts: 497REGISTERED
    I love basic..... :)
    How about combos like Sniper/Cannon? Its good too or Sniper/Shotgun....
    Anyway... Sometimes.. i used mythic
    If u wanna improve your "no-scope" grab sniper rifle and normal handgun ;)

Ty
    Best Regards,
    Kukuh Trisna Free

Kukuh10.png
    WeNeed.png
    My Stats | N-ATO | My Facebook
  • DawnGhostDawnGhost Posts: 2,322REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
    i sometimes go
    ordi
    handgun
    shotgun
    f3d4b5f16164450ba8df8677a1ce7508.0.gif
    DawnGhost.png
    w3XE4J
  • the pro of allthe pro of all Posts: 899REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
    My load out:

Slot one: cannon or shotgun
    Slot two: sniper
    Slot three: fast firing wep

I've always wanted credit weps, I got tired of using basic weps...... :|
    mehziggy.png
    ziggy-1.gif
    ^made by me
  • GeekygeekGeekygeek Posts: 458REGISTERED Forum Veteran Lvl 2
    My load out:

Slot one: cannon or shotgun
    Slot two: sniper
    Slot three: fast firing wep

I've always wanted credit weps, I got tired of using basic weps...... :|

I feel like everyone has this kind of load out, especially pros. Here's mine, its really similar
    Melee: Mythic Edge
    Slot one: Fast Firing Weapon
    Slot two: Cannon
    Slot three: Sniper
    I always start out with my sniper, so I can start damaging an opponent long range, when they get close, switch to cannon. And if that doesn't finish them off, I use a splatter gun or melee.
    Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
  • BoieBoie Posts: 893REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
    Credits do not do anything to your skill, of anything it really helps the lower leveled players become ''pro".
    http://youtube.com/uberstrikeboie Click for the best Uberstrike montages
    Bo|tz (T-Birds) member

ulMqH.jpg
  • CoriakinCoriakin Posts: 4,967REGISTERED Level 9000 Warlock
    Boie wrote:
    Credits do not do anything to your skill, of anything it really helps the lower leveled players become ''pro".
    Sorry I must disagree politely.

Just try using a Force Cannon for a day.
    Then try using a Basic Cannon the next day.
    I am sure that you will notice that your totally thrown off will be flustered.
    If you can keep a tight balance you can still keep your skill. But if you just let credits take over your game.
    I am positive that you will not be as skilled when you go to use the basic weapons.

Just my opinion though...

Spiegel
    httpiimgurcomlSxKf5bpng
  • jjwwjjww Posts: 1,504REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 3
    DawnGhost wrote:
    to kill armour nub, usse this speical loadout
    Melee: UberHammer
    Primary: Dark Vanquisher
    Secondery: Oblivion Hammer
    Tertiary: Egnima cannon :D
    Creadit nub,dark van is kinda useless cuz it aims too close :?
    XMFvM.png
    OvcQ.png
  • jjwwjjww Posts: 1,504REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 3
    Thx for useful tips stalker ;)
    XMFvM.png
    OvcQ.png
  • xBestxBest Posts: 1,899REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
    No scoping is pretty easy :)

• UBZNUBSUBZNUBS Posts: 872REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
    Spiegel wrote:
    Boie wrote:
    Sorry I must disagree politely.

Just try using a Force Cannon for a day.
    Then try using a Basic Cannon the next day.
    I am sure that you will notice that your totally thrown off will be flustered.
    If you can keep a tight balance you can still keep your skill. But if you just let credits take over your game.
    I am positive that you will not be as skilled when you go to use the basic weapons.

Just my opinion though...

Spiegel

Everyone Has Different Opinions and the Method of Playing. I spam my credit weapons in the new map, and when a 1v1 comes i still can get the hang of it. Why? Use OP weapons like a basic. You get trianing for the WHOLE weapon class this way :)

Thanks Stalker anyway!
  • the pro of allthe pro of all Posts: 899REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 2
    at least u rather have credit weps than the original weps right?
    mehziggy.png
    ziggy-1.gif
    ^made by me
  • quantam robotquantam robot Posts: 445REGISTERED Forum Veteran Lvl 2
    yea credits ruin your skills in uberstrike

Go for basic loadout only and yet you can win a match :ugeek:
    quantum.png
    My SoundCloud Channel My Skype Name Shrey Shah (Quantam Robot) also my forum