Unity Web Player

Khoison2Khoison2 Posts: 3REGISTERED Newcomer
edited March 2011 in Support and Bug Reports
Hiya, I've been playing Paintball Paradise (now Uberstrike) for a long time. Now ever since the new change, I cannot play the game.

I've already downloaded Unity Web Player, I've tried using IE7 and I've tried installing it manually. But the screen keeps popping out with the same ****; 'click continue to start the game' and 'The game will automatically start after the download has completed'.
Uberstrike does not like asians, jks (but maybe it does because we pawn so bad).

Please find a solution and write it in plain english.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• superriku11superriku11 Posts: 1,839REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
    Try downloading and installing Unity Web Player from here: http://unity3d.com/webplayer/

Also, the recommended browser Windows is Google Chrome.

If you have any problems after installing Unity, and trying the game with Google Chrome, then feel free to post again. :)
    dynfosig.jpg
    sOTWqeZ
    Want a signature that auto-updates your:
    Global Rank, splats, number of people who've viewed your signature?
    One that can display any stats you want?
    Visit DyNFO to get one for free!
  • michael42michael42 Posts: 1,429REGISTERED Community Expert Lvl 3
    Khoison2 wrote:
    Hiya, I've been playing Paintball Paradise (now Uberstrike) for a long time. Now ever since the new change, I cannot play the game.

I've already downloaded Unity Web Player, I've tried using IE7 and I've tried installing it manually. But the screen keeps popping out with the same ****; 'click continue to start the game' and 'The game will automatically start after the download has completed'.
    Uberstrike does not like asians, jks (but maybe it does because we pawn so bad).

Please find a solution and write it in plain english.
    try deleting unity from your computer entirely then use the link superriku11 gave you.
    michael42.png
    japansig-1.jpg
  • Khoison2Khoison2 Posts: 3REGISTERED Newcomer
    HOORAY IT WORKS, THANKS MAN

Everything is fine now. But why does it work on google chrome and not IE7,8 or 9?
  • #*MORPH*##*MORPH*# Posts: 1,990REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
    had the same problem, deleted it then used Google chrome worked like a treat
  • superriku11superriku11 Posts: 1,839REGISTERED UberStrike Veteran Member
    Khoison2 wrote:
    HOORAY IT WORKS, THANKS MAN

Everything is fine now. But why does it work on google chrome and not IE7,8 or 9?
    I'm glad it worked for you. :) The reason that IE browsers didn't work is because they are all rather problematic. They come with your Windows installation as you probably know, but most people will recommend you switch to something else, like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. Most browsers work on Windows, but to get IE to work you have to downgrade and do some stuff, I forget exactly what you have to do, but it's easier to just use something different anyways.
    dynfosig.jpg
    sOTWqeZ
    Want a signature that auto-updates your:
    Global Rank, splats, number of people who've viewed your signature?
    One that can display any stats you want?
    Visit DyNFO to get one for free!