Welcome to my Guide "Gimp Guide, some tips for you". You may allways noticed about yourself, that you like doing Arts, trying something new, but having problem's with your hobby, with the right tools for it. Well, with my new tutourial, i will try, helping you out a bit with gimp and as well i will add some people's to my thread, which can give you tips or can helping you with videos. Gimp (GNU, Image, Manipulation, Programm) Tutorial
Gimp is a very good programm, for the picture treatment. Even with levels and transparencies, many effects can be "conjured" with it. How to handle with Gimp, i will try showing here with some videos. The surface is clear and, as well as this Programm almost indefinitely adapt and extendable. And yeah..Gimp costs nothing. The Download
GIMP offered as a free download. For downloading gimp, you can go to: http://www.gimp.org/
. Beside this version, there are also other versions from gimp too, which are sometimes free as well, or can be bought with money.
If you are an linux user and having problems, downloading Gimp, then please, open your Terminal on linux. If you can't open it, type crtl + alt + t on it.
After this, copy/paste the following commands in this order then. Remember, to copy this step by step! Until you done it, wait a little, before you will copy the next one:
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install gimp
- sudo apt-get install gimp-plugin-registryThe first steps with GIMP
Then you have downloading Gimp, you will see some tabs. The screen photo shows the window arrangement of the default setting. There are even other dialogues for every possible purpose, which you can open then by yourself. This original tabs i will show you here:
Video tools, guides from players
- Tool window/tool box (on the left): The tool window is the "heart" of GIMP. It contains special menu entries, as well as a whole of tools, which are important, for the pictures.
- Tool settings (left, the tools of it): Under the tool window there is a dialogue for the tool box/settings, which will indicate the qualities of the in each case active tools.
- Picture window (the middle one): Every pictures can be loaded in GIMP in a own picture window tool. Hence, you can open with it many pictures at the same time. Their number depends in the end, only on the available system resources.
- Level dialogue/Layers (on the right): The level dialogue is responsible for the level management. The picture treatment is to be pursued possibly also without levels, however, more or less advanced users will hardly get without the level dialogue...
- Paintbrush forms/patterns (one the right, saying "Pinsel"): Under the level dialogue, are the dialogues, which are for the management of paintbrush forms, patterns and colour courses.
As a beginner of gimp, i didn't really knew, how to work with it real too. I searched long for some peeps, which will guide you. During my learn, i'm very thankfull of an special youtuber girl, which helped allot with her guides. Here you have a small look, in which of situations she can help you out:
- If you are an beginner of Gimp, but wana learn it, you can look - here
- Where are my layers of Gimp , then i close it - here
- How to make a text ballon/speech bubble - here
- How to crop and resize and Image - here
- Put a text to your Art - here
There are quit many guides of gimp. Some you can find here
as well or even in Forum. Simon made once a good thread, there some players gives you tips as well here
I hope you guys like my tutorial. If you have questions, or even have some introductions, or other ideas, i shuld add here, please let me know then.
Thanks for your time,